- Visit ASPIC Innovations (including any subdomains of this website or other websites owned by us or operated on our behalf) (the “Website”);
- Download our application f-lambda (the “Application”);
- use any part of our services via the Website or the Application (the “Services”);
- Download or otherwise use any part of our software (the “Software”, and collectively with the Website, the Application, the Services, and any other product or service we provide, the “Product”).
- Visit or correspond with our registered office is AC 133, Sector 1, Saltlake, Kolkata, West Bengal 700064, India.
It is clarified that this Policy refers to personally identifiable information we receive from any of our Services, thus not all of the Policy’s provisions necessary apply to both Website and Application.
Your privacy is important to ASPIC Innovations.
We wish to make sure you know how we collect, use, share and store your personal data when you use the Product.
By using the Application, the Services, or the Software, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
Our Services are for general audience and are neither designed nor intended to collect personally identifiable information from children or minors. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information of persons below the age of 18. If you become aware that someone under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us.
This Policy covers our collection, use and disclosure of your information through the Product and the Website. It does not cover any collection, use or disclosure by third parties through any applications, web sites, products or services that we do not control or own, such as Facebook, or any third-party features or services made available via the Product or the Website.
Please note: if your use of the Product or any of the Services is pursuant to an invitation from, or subject to a license purchased by, a customer of ours which is an organization with which you are affiliated or connected (an “Organizational User”), the Organizational User is the Controller or Owner of your personally identifiable information. In such case, we are merely a processor of the personally identifiable information on behalf of the Organizational User. Your data as an end-user will still be collected and processed as described hereunder. However, in those cases, your information is under the responsibility of the Organizational User, and any inquiry or complaint regarding your personally identifiable information should be addressed directly to it.
A Summary of The Policy
- Information That We Collect
As part of using any of our Services, the following information may be collected and processed by us:
- your personally identifiable information, including contact and registration information such as your name, your organization’s name, email address, phone number, as well as information such as gender, age, etc.
- payment details in order to process payments if you make any purchases.
- non-identifiable (anonymous) medical information including medical history and medical diagnostic scans.
- contact info per any “Contact Us” form or “Newsletter Subscription” on the Website.
- technical information related to you, such as IP addresses, browser information, mobile device information etc.
- certain marketing or analytics or usage data, such as Cookies, Pixels, Web beacons, etc.
- aggregated information such as statistical or usage data for any purpose. Such aggregated and statistical data may be derived from your personally identifiable information but does not reveal your identity.
- How We Use Personally Identifiable Information– We use personally identifiable information to provide the Product, improve and develop it, provide better support, improve your user experience, enforce terms, contact you or provide with information regarding our services, and protect us and the Product from misuse and law violations. Personally identifiable information is not used in any way to provide medical insights as all medical information is anonymised.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure– We share information when we use service providers, for example, to process payments or host the services. We may transfer information when we change our corporate structure, and we will also share information when required to do so by law enforcement or compliance requests. When your use of the Product is under an Organizational User, your personally identifiable information is shared with such organization.
- Your Choice– You may opt-out of our mailing lists (except for operational emails) and terminate your use of the Services via the Website, or the application.
- Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information– At any time you can request to receive your personally identifiable information collected by us while using the Services via the Application.
- Data Retention– We retain data to provide the Services and for legitimate and lawful purposes.
- Information Security– Our website, systems and applications are hosted with reputed hosting and cloud service providers who, to the best of our knowledge, implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personally identifiable information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information.
- Our Policy Towards Children– If you are under the age of 18, you do not have permission to use the Application.
- Dispute Resolution– Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us for any request or complaint. We will make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you, but reserve all rights to handle disputes through courts and authorities of competent jurisdiction to which this Policy is subject.
Contact Us– Please contact us at: email@example.com for further information.
1. Controller and Processor
Where you are a direct user of the Product, a browser or visitor of our Services, or contacting us directly, we process your personally identifiable information as the controller, meaning that legally, we deem as the owner of you personally identifiable information. In those cases, and for GDPR purposes, we assume the role of Data Controller, and any of our external supplier shall be deemed as Data Processor.
Where you use the Product or any of the Services under an Organizational User, we merely process your personally identifiable information on behalf of the Organizational User which is the owner of your personally identifiable information. In those cases, and for GDPR purposes, the Organizational User is the Data Controller, and we assume the role of Data Processor. That means, that in those cases your personally identifiable information is being managed under the control and instructions of the Organizational User, which is responsible for the lawful basis for processing (the legal justification allowing the processing), including any consent or disclosure relevant. Therefore, any inquiry or complaint regarding your personally identifiable information should be addressed directly to the Organizational User. With no prejudice to any of our legal obligations as a Processor, we are not responsible for the actions nor use of the Organizational User pertaining to your personally identifiable information.
2. Information That We Collect
“Personally identifiable information” or “Personal Data” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
As a condition to your use of the Product, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that we can use to contact or identify you and administer your account. Personally identifiable information may include your name, gender, birthdate, age, weight, height, organization’s name, email address, telephone number, contact person details. Additionally, we collect, medical information, medical history and medical diagnostic scans.
When you contact us, or when we contact you, we will receive and process any personally identifiable information that you provide us.
When you use the Product, we may collect the following, as applicable:
- Information regarding your use of the Product and all information provided by you or recorded while you use the Product, including your preferences and other data relevant for customizing the Services for you;
- Information on your usage of the Product and download errors, as well as information related to your use of the Website that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website or use the Product (collectively “Log Data”). This Log Data could include, for example, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, login information, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Website and information you search for on the Website;
- Aggregated Data, allowing us, inter alia, to analyze and better understand your use of the Services including the full website (uniform resource locators (URL)) clickstream (history) to, through and from our Website (including date and time) etc.;
- Products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
When you use a widget or any other tool that may be offered by us, whether on the Website or on a third-party website, including a website owned or operated by you, we may record data related to that activity, the deployment of the widget or tool and any other account related data.
Links to Other Websites
Links to other websites are presented in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
Third Party Sites
These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your machines, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information that you submit. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and other terms of the other websites.
If you are voluntarily making a job application or inquiry through the Website, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information that contains your personally identifiable information. We assume your consent to use and save the information that you provide in your job application and will use this information for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we may keep this information for future reference.
If you participate in surveys through the Website, we may use your personally identifiable information to carry out market research. This research is conducted for our internal business and training purposes and will improve our understanding of our users’ demographics, interests and behavior. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis and therefore does not individually identify any user.
We may also use subsets of information collected through the Product and the Website in aggregated non identifying information (“Aggregated Data”) to compile statistical information and insights related to performance or use of the Product and Website, and use such statistical information and insights for improving and developing Products, generating reports, customizing Products and other uses specified in Section 2 (including without limitation for research purposes or public use in aggregated non identifying form). For further information on how we transfer and use such Aggregated Data, see the Transfer of Aggregated Data section in this Policy.
3. The Purposes of processing Personally and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with any of our Services, including the Product and the Application,
- to administer your use of the Product and any accounts you may have with us, to personalize your experience,
- to monitor and analyze your use of the Product or any of the Services,
- to improve your user experience,
- to provide to you Product announcements,
- to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials,
- on behalf of and according to instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners,
- to comply with court orders and warrants, and assist law enforcement agencies, to collect debts, prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Service, and to take any action in any legal dispute or proceeding.
- to improve the Website, the Product and their accuracy,
- to contact you as per your request, manage our correspondence with you and provide you with customer service,
- as described in Section 4: Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We use information that is not personally identifiable for the above purposes and for:
- the technical administration of the Website,
- collecting and analyzing the use of the Website,
- improving the Website, the Product, and any of the Services,
- generating and deriving useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristic use behavior of our users,
- verifying that users of the Product meet the criteria required to process their requests, and
- Using the Aggregated Data as described herein.
We combine certain personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences. Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Website and the Product. The Combined information is always treated and handled by us as part of your personally identifiable information, as it allows us to link the information to you.
Purchase of Products and Services
If you purchase or use our Product or Services via the Website or Application, we may use your personally identifiable information, as applicable, and (where applicable) payment information for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- verifying your credentials;
- verifying your usage of the Product and/or Services in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement with us;
- providing training sessions for which you have registered;
- providing maintenance and technical support;
- providing information about product upgrades, updates and renewals;
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage and service performance;
- developing and enhancing products and services;
- processing orders and generating billing information.
We will use collected information in order to contact you if necessary, including, but not limited to, sending you reminders and notices about the Product, sending commercial and marketing information about our Service, contacting you when you are using wrong paths to access the Website or are breaching restrictions on the use of the Website. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such announcements, information or offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication. We may also use this information to block IP addresses where there is misuse of the Website.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information. We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business, such as:
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Product, to provide the Product on our behalf and to perform services related to hosting or administration of the Product or the Website (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing where and if relevant, maintenance, hosting and database management services and administration). These third parties have access to your personally identifiable information only to perform the tasks for which we are retained. In addition, in any such case we will take steps to ensure the security and privacy of your personally identifiable information, and it will be subject to contractual terms ensuring the security and protection of any personally identifiable information under any such sub-processor, under applicable law provisions;
When your use of the Product is pursuant to the invitation from, or subject to a license purchased by an Organizational User, the Organizational User will have access to all or parts of the information related to you (including without limitation personal identifying information) provided by you or collected through the applicable Product. When you use a Product pursuant to such license or invitation, we understand that you have provided the Organizational User with your consent for sharing of your information with the Organizational User. While we require of our Organizational Users to abide by requirements substantially similar to these terms and by applicable law we cannot (and do not) ensure such compliance, and under no circumstances we will be held responsible for the Organizational User actions.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties in response to lawful requests and to comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe it necessary:
- to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement or national security requirements, claims or legal processes (including but not limited to subpoenas);
- to protect our or a third party’s property rights;
- to protect the safety of the public or any person;
- to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be posing a risk of being illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including among others your personally identifiable information and Log Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of our applicable assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy.
Transfer of Aggregated Data
We may share Aggregated Data generated as a result of your use of the Product, that includes non-personally identifiable information, anonymized aggregated personal information and/or Log Data, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, other commercial purposes and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We use standard, commonly used analytics tools and we may use additional or other analytics tools, from time to time, to learn about how you and other users use the Services, in support of our Services-related activities and operations. The privacy practices of these tools are subject to their own privacy policies.
It is clarified that any Aggregated Date shared in these contexts is based on anonymous, statistical or aggregated information and we share it with our partners only for legitimate business purposes. It does not contain personally identifiable information and it has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that we or others can associate specifically to your personally identifiable information.
5. Your Choice
At any time, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists (except for operational emails) by sending us an opt-out request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that if one of our customers uploaded content to our Services with your personally identifiable information, then you can contact our customer who uploaded that content and request to remove your personally identifiable information.
At any time, you can exercise your following opt-out options:
- object to the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party, other than (a) to third parties who act as our agents to perform tasks on our behalf and under our instructions, (b) when your use of the Product pursuant to the invitation from, or subject to a license purchased by, an Organizational User, in which case your information will be shared with the Organizational User so long as you use the Product as aforementioned; or
- object to the use by us of your personally identifiable information for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which we originally collected such information, pursuant to this Policy, or you subsequently authorized such use.
You can exercise your choice by contacting us at: email@example.com. We request and collect minimal personally identifiable information that we need for the purposes that we describe in this Policy. Following the termination or expiration of the Services, we will stop collecting any personally identifiable information from or about you. However, we will store and continue using or making available your personally identifiable information according with our data retention section in this Policy. Web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is a HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on a service or through cross-site user tracking. Our Services do not respond to DNT signals.
6. Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please provide us the necessary information to correct it. At any time, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and request to access the personally identifiable information that we keep about you. We will ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and to the extent required under the applicable law, will make good-faith efforts to locate your personally identifiable information that you request to access. If you are eligible for the right of access under the applicable law, you can obtain confirmation from us of whether we are processing personally identifiable information about you, and receive a copy of that data, so that you can –
- verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of its processing;
- request the correction, amendment or deletion of your personally identifiable information if it is inaccurate or if you believe that the processing of your personally identifiable information is in violation of the applicable law.
We will use judgement and due care to redact from the data which we will make available to you, personally identifiable information related to others.
7. Data Retention
We retain different types of information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements under the applicable law. We retain personally identifiable information as part of our Services, to provide our customers with the Services, the Product and as needed to perform our business activities. We may maintain contact details, to help us stay in contact with you.
We may need to keep the information about the payment transactions that you made for several years due to tax related requirements, for accounts settling, record keeping, archiving and legal issues.
We may keep aggregated non-identifiable information without limitation, and to the extent reasonable we will delete or de-identify potentially identifiable information, when we no longer need to process the information.
In any case, as long as you use the Services or the Product, we will keep information about you, unless we are required by law to delete it, or if we decide to remove it at our discretion.
8. Information Security
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. Our website, systems and applications are hosted with reputed hosting and cloud service providers who, to the best of our knowledge, employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. To the best of our knowledge, they implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personally identifiable information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. To the best of our knowledge they take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting access to the servers. However, we do not control or operate the services of our service providers which are not part of our organization (such as the hosting or cloud service providers or payment processing services) and no one can guarantee a completely secured data transmission over the Internet. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk. If you have been given log-in details to provide you with access to certain parts of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping those details confidential.
If you receive any email seeking or asking you to update your personally identifiable information, do not reply and please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Our Policy Towards Children
If you are under the age of 18, you do not have permission to use the Application. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
10. Dispute Resolution; Governing Law and Venue
We do periodic assessments of our data processing and privacy practices, to make sure that we comply with this Policy, to update the Policy when we believe that we need to, and to verify that we display the Policy properly and in an accessible manner. If you have any concerns about the way we process your personally identifiable information, you are welcome to contact us at: email@example.com, or write to us. Our address is published on our website at: www.aspicinnovations.com and, if applicable, is indicated in your subscription agreement with us.
We will look into your query and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you, but reserve all rights to handle disputes through courts and authorities of the competent jurisdiction to which this Policy is subject.
Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with this Policy, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the territory specified in your applicable engagement agreement with us (aside from this Policy), and if none, then this Policy shall be construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of India, without reference to principles of conflict or choice of law and the courts located in Kolkata, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or matter in connection with this Policy. You irrevocably waive any and all claims and defenses you might otherwise have in any such action or proceeding in any of such courts based upon any alleged lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non convenience or any similar claim or defense.
We will update this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will post a notice of these changes on the Application or the Website and in this Policy. If the updates have minor if any consequences, they will take effect 7 days after we post a notice on the Website. Substantial changes will be effective 30 days after we initially posted the notice. Continuing to use the Services after the new policy takes effect means that you agree to the new policy. Note that, despite the foregoing, if we need to adapt the Policy due to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required by law.
13. Contact Us
Please contact our Privacy Compliance Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Last Update: September 23, 2022